1. Jelena Janevski, University of Nis, Faculty of Mechanicla Engineering, Serbia
2. Branislav Stojanovic, University of Nis, Faculty of Mechanicla Engineering, 3. Mladen Stojiljković, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in Niš, Serbia
4. Predrag Živković, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Niš , Serbia
5. Mirko Dobrnjac, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina
6. Mića Vukić , Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Niš , Serbia
Natural zeolites include a group of minerals consisting of hydroaluminosilicates of alkaline and earthalkaline metals: analcam, clinoptilolite, mordenite, shabazite, filipsite and laumontite. This natural mineral is especially valuable by its structure that determines its properties. This zeolite has a free space in its internal structure and channels, so-called. active sites for which harmful or useful components can be attached or adsorbed. This active sites in this mineral can serve as centers for the binding of some of the new compounds. Thus, the mineral gets some new features which significantly expands its application. When this mineral unite with some free radicals then receives a qualitatively new product that has a sophisticated application. Zeolite is considered to be a mineralogy of the future, which will be increasingly used in ecology and environmental protection. Thanks to the general characteristics of natural zeolites, three main areas of their application are highlighted: industry, agriculture and ecology. In addition to the above mentioned application areas, high efficiency of zeolite use has already been demonstrated, and in many other agricultural branches: for the wet grain drying, as anti-settling agent of fertilizers, and in their processing in order to obtain the highest possible quality. In addition to a more detailed analysis of the application of zeolite in the industry, experimental drying of zeolites will be shown in this paper, given the fact that it is very usable in the dry state.
Konferencija: Contemporary Materials 2017 - Savremeni Materijali